COVID-19 UPDATES & RESOURCES
OCS COVID-19 Tracker
Total # of Positive Cases at OCS during 2022-2023 school year
As of March 22, 2023
OCS COVID-19 Mitigation Efforts
- COVID-19 PCR Testing weekly of all individuals who come on campus.
- Masks are optional indoors and outdoors. All eating and drinking happen outdoors.
- Social Distancing is encouraged in classrooms, lunch areas, and play areas as much as possible.
- Handwashing and Hand Sanitizing happen frequently throughout the school day.
- Upgraded Air Filtration in all indoor spaces.
- Recommended COVID-19 Vaccination for all students aged 5 and up.
- Required COVID-19 Vaccination for all employees and adults working on campus.
OCS Vaccination Policies
OCS requires all staff and adults working on campus to be vaccinated. We also highly encourage all students aged 5 and up to be vaccinated as well. See below for our Board policies as well as the LAUSD Vaccination policies.
OCS COVID-19 Safety Plan
Safety is of prime importance for Our Community School. Please see below for OCS's COVID-19 School Guidance Checklist and OCS's COVID-19 Prevention Program (CPP). We are also strictly following the COVID-19 protocols from the LA County Department of Public Health. You can see them attached below and the T1 is posted at the school site.
During the 2020-21 school year, OCS had a variety of educational models to ensure our students and community were safe. These included: distance learning, small cohorts, and eventually a hybrid model in April 2021.
In the 2021-22 school year, OCS is excited to welcome all students back to campus for quality academic and social-emotional learning. In order to keep our students and staff safe, there are a number of protocols that are in place. These details can be found in our COVID Prevention Program (CPP).